Apply for a nursing license by reciprocity
Contact for Apply for a nursing license by reciprocity
Board of Registration in Nursing
The Details of Apply for a nursing license by reciprocity
What you need for Apply for a nursing license by reciprocity
As a part of the application, you must verify each license you hold using the Nursys license verification system (Nursys).
If you are licensed in a state that does not participate in Nursys, please contact the state Board you are licensed by. Follow their instructions to get proof of your license verification.
If you were educated outside of the United States
If you have been previously licensed in Massachusetts as a RN or LPN
Do not complete a new application, renew your expired license.
Fees for Apply for a nursing license by reciprocity
|Application fee||$275||per application|
|License verification fee||$30||per license|
How to apply Apply for a nursing license by reciprocity
Log into the Professional Credential Services, Inc online application portal to process your RN or LPN license application by reciprocity.
Credit card is the only accepted form of payment. You can contact Professional Credential Services, Inc. toll-free at (877) 887-9727.
More info for Apply for a nursing license by reciprocity
The Board has established processes to expedite requests to meet healthcare needs during the Declared State of Emergency.
- Massachusetts does not have a 'graduate nurse' status
- You can start work as a nurse once your license number appears on the board's website
- You and your employer may print a copy of your license verification from the Board's website
When to renew
- An RN license expires on your birthday in even-numbered years
- An LPN license expires on your birthday in odd-numbered years
- If your license is issued within 3 months of your birthday, it will be valid until the next renewal cycle