Apply for a nursing license by exam
You just graduated from a nursing program — now you need to apply for a license in Massachusetts.
Board of Registration in Nursing
|Application fee||$230||per application|
How to apply
Log into the online application portal to complete your RN or LPN license application.
Credit card is the only accepted form of payment.
- Massachusetts does not have a 'graduate nurse' status
- You can start work as a nurse once your license number appears on the board's website
- You and your employer may print a copy of your license verification from the Board's website
If you have been previously licensed in Massachusetts as a RN or LPN
Do not complete a new application, renew your expired license.
When to renew
- An RN license expires on your birthday in even-numbered years
- An LPN license expires on your birthday in odd-numbered years
- If your license is issued within 3 months of your birthday, it will be valid until the next renewal cycle
239 Causeway St., Suite 500, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02114