Apply for a nursing license by exam
Contact for Apply for a nursing license by exam
Board of Registration in Nursing
The Details of Apply for a nursing license by exam
What you need for Apply for a nursing license by exam
To become a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN) in Massachusetts, you must meet eligibility requirements.
Am I eligible?
To be licensed as a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN) in Massachusetts, you have to provide proof that you:
- Graduated from a board-approved nursing program
- Are of Good Moral Character, as defined by state law
- Have passed the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
If you were educated outside of the United States, see our information for foreign educated nurses.
If you were educated outside of Massachusetts, see Information for Graduates of US Nursing Programs and Eligibility for Licensure in Massachusetts
When can I start working as a nurse in the state of Massachusetts?
- You can start working as a nurse once your license number appears on the Massachusetts Health Professions License Verification site
- You and your employer may print a copy of your license verification from the Board's website
Fees for Apply for a nursing license by exam
Credit card is the only accepted form of payment.
|Application fee||$230||per application|
How to apply Apply for a nursing license by exam
Log into the online application portal to complete your RN or LPN license application.
If you have questions regarding your application, contact Professional Credential Services, Inc. toll-free at (877) 887-9727.
More info for Apply for a nursing license by exam
- Massachusetts does not have a 'graduate nurse' status
- Massachusetts does not issue temporary licenses and does not take part in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).