Advisory Clarification to parent education procedures in section H (1) of Probate and Family Court Standing Order 2-20
Table of Contents
Clarification to procedures
In light of COVID-19, effective immediately, and until further notice, this clarification supersedes Section H (1) of the Probate and Family Court Standing Order 2-20 and conflicting provisions of Probate and Family Court Standing Order 2-16 “Parent Education Program Attendance”:
- Whenever practical and possible, an approved parent education provider may facilitate a parent’s “virtual” attendance at a parent education session by videoconference. The approved parent education provider, if electing to do so, is granted temporary approval to conduct parent education courses via web video conferencing, using options such as Zoom and Skype.
- Parents may also satisfy the parent education attendance requirement by completing the 5-hour DVD or online program entitled KidCare for Co-Parents: An Educational Program for Divorcing Families.
- Parents electing to complete the mandatory parent education requirement by participating via web video conferencing or by KidCare for Co-Parents: An Educational Program for Divorcing Families DVD or online program do not need to obtain the Court’s permission.
- All other provisions of Standing Order 2-16 not affected by this Notice remain in place.
- Lists of currently approved programs, including KidCare for Co-Parents: An Educational Program for Divorcing Families are available at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/parent-education-programs. Parents should contact approved programs directly regarding availability and registration.
Any questions about this clarification can be directed to Christine Yurgelun at firstname.lastname@example.org.