A petition for relief pursuant to G. L. c. 231, § 118 (first paragraph), or Rule 12(a) of the Uniform Rules on Impoundment Procedure, shall include, in the following order:
(1) a request for review, which shall state briefly the nature of the order or action of the trial court from which review is sought, the entry date of such order or action, and the name of the judge who entered it;
(2) a statement of the issues of law raised by the petition;
(3) a statement as to whether a party has filed, served, or intends to file a motion for reconsideration in the trial court;
(4) a statement of the specific relief requested (a draft order for the single justice may be attached); and
(5) an addendum containing a copy of the order or action of the trial court (including a typed version of any pertinent handwritten or oral endorsement, notation, findings, or order made by the lower court).
References to the parties in the petition shall be by designation of the party in the trial court (e.g., "plaintiff," "defendant," "third-party defendant," etc.). The petition shall not exceed 5 pages of text in monospaced font or 1,000 words in proportional font compliant with Mass. R. A. P. 20(a)(4)(A)-(C) without leave of the court.