Log in links for this page

Financial and Operating Annual Returns to the DPU

This page provides information on how to file annual returns with the DPU and provides information on past annual returns for electric, gas, water, and municipal utilities

Each electric, gas, and water company, as well as each municipal light plant, engaged in the manufacture and sale or distribution and sale of electricity, gas, or water in Massachusetts is required to submit an annual return to the DPU on or before March 31 of each year. G.L. c. 164, Section 63, 83; G.L. c. 165, Section 2; 220 CMR 79.01 (gas companies), 79.02 (municipal light companies); 79.03 (water companies); 79.04 (electric companies). However, companies occasionally request extensions from the DPU for filing their annual returns. Beginning with calendar year 2019 returns, municipal light plants have been granted a permanent extension to file annual returns on or before September 30 of each year.

On this page, you will find information on how to file an annual return with the DPU and find and review past annual financial and operating returns filed with the DPU.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov with your feedback