Contact for Apply for an individual dentist’s anesthesia & sedation permit
Board of Registration in Dentistry
The Details of Apply for an individual dentist’s anesthesia & sedation permit
What you need for Apply for an individual dentist’s anesthesia & sedation permit
Your practice must also be properly permitted to administer anesthesia, sedation, and/or nitrous oxide-oxygen to your patients. Apply for an anesthesia & sedation facility permit.
We must have these attachments to process your application.
Proof of certifications
Current certification in either of the following:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Note: for Permit C individual permits only (nitrous oxide-oxygen), certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) is acceptable.
Depending on which permit(s) you are applying for, there are different educational qualifications. Consult the application(s) for details on what is required.
Fees for Apply for an individual dentist’s anesthesia & sedation permit
- We accept personal checks, business checks, or money orders. Make it payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Please don't staple payment to the application
- Please don't send cash
|Individual Anesthesia Permit A - General Anesthesia or Deep Sedation||$180||each|
|Individual Anesthesia Permit B - Moderate Sedation||$180||each|
|Individual Anesthesia Permit C - Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen||$180||each|
How to apply Apply for an individual dentist’s anesthesia & sedation permit
- Select and download the permit application(s) you need. You can find them listed below.
- Fill out the permit application(s)
- Include all required attachments, including the fee(s)
- If you submit multiple applications, include a fee payment for each one
- Mail the completed application(s) and all attachments to:
The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Dentistry
250 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02108
Next steps for Apply for an individual dentist’s anesthesia & sedation permit
After obtaining your permit
Your permit may be used only in a dental practice possessing the appropriate Facility Permit. Only one licensed dentist at the facility is allowed to hold the facility permit (often the owner or dental director).
If you have questions, please contact the Board.