This initiative aims to ensure vaccine equity for Tribes, Native Americans, Alaskan Natives, Pacific Islanders, Native Hawaiians, and Indigenous Peoples. Efforts focus on increasing access to vaccination sites and providing resources to the Tribes and Tribal and Indigenous Peoples Serving Organizations to provide outreach, education and mitigate barriers to accessing vaccines.
Health Resources in Action (HRiA) and 7 Tribes/Tribal and Indigenous People Serving Organizations receive funding from December 2020 through December 2021. Some of these organizations work across multiple communities, and some may be funded under more than one component of the Vaccine Equity Initiative. See below for details about the organizations.
- Dedicated appointments at vaccination sites
- Mobile clinics to increase access to members of these communities who face barriers in accessing vaccination sites
- Connect community leaders with leaders of local health departments to coordinate vaccine access and educational outreach to community members who live throughout Massachusetts
- Financial support for Indian Health Services and Tribal Health Services for vaccination distribution and outreach activities to their members
Grants for Tribal and Indigenous Peoples Serving Organizations/Entities to:
- Conduct outreach and decrease barriers to accessing vaccinations
- Provide culturally relevant information and resources on vaccines
- Develop or adapt educational and informational resources and distribute them through common community channels or social media
- Partner with DPH to coordinate a community-based response
|Led by||DPH and Health Resources in Action (HRiA)|
|Funding through DPH||
Number of Grantees: 3
Eligibility: Two federally recognized Tribes and Title V Urban Indian Health Services
Relevant Links: Tribes and Tribal Serving Organizations Supporting Access to Culturally Appropriate COVID-19 Vaccination Information and COVID-19 Vaccinations Access to Culturally Appropriate COVID-19 Vaccination Information and COVID-19 Vaccinations
|Funding available through HRiA||
Number of Grantees: 4
Eligibility: Tribes, Tribal serving organizations, and Indigenous Peoples serving organizations are eligible. Excluding the Tribes, applicants must be Massachusetts based non-profit organizations from these communities.