- You don’t need to have any COVID-19 symptom(s) or approval from a health care provider to get a test at these sites
- Tests must be scheduled in advance online and will be performed using a self-swabbing method in a drive-through format
- All test takers must be in their car at all times during the testing process and walk-up test takers will not get tested
- Open to all Massachusetts residents over the age of 12 months old
- No form of identification will need to be presented at the testing site prior to getting a COVID-19 test
Registration and test results
- These sites are appointment only—testing must be scheduled in advance. To schedule an appointment, click here.
- Tests must be scheduled in advance and will be performed using a self-swabbing method in a drive-through format.
- Test takers must be in their car at all times during the testing process and walk-up test takers will not be able to get tested.
- Tests are free to all Massachusetts residents
- Minors under 18 years of age will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Results will be available within 1 - 3 (business) days after test administration
- Results will be provided to each participant confidentiality via mobile application
- Participants are encouraged to share their results with their doctor and can call (617) 741-7310 to request that their results be shared directly with their trusted medical professional
Framingham testing location
Located at the Framingham State University Maple Street Parking Lot at 170 Maple St #162, Framingham, MA 01702
Lynn testing location
At 398 Blossom St. Ext., Lynn, MA.
New Bedford testing location
At 1569 Airport Rd., New Bedford, MA. Entrance is off of Downey Street only.
Revere testing location
Across the street from the Shops @ Suffolk Downs on Tomasello Way at 31 Furlong Drive in Revere, MA.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible to get a COVID-19 test at these testing sites?
All Massachusetts residents over the age of 12 months old are able to get a COVID-19 test at these sites. Anyone who wants to receive a COVID-19 test can get one at these sites. Approval from a health care provider is not required.
Is there a cost?
The test is free.
Do I need to schedule an appointment ahead of time or can I walk in without an appointment scheduled?
All COVID-19 tests must be scheduled in advance. You can schedule your test here.
Will I need to present any form of identification at my testing appointment?
No form of identification will need to be presented at your appointment.
What is drive-through testing?
Drive-through testing is a method of COVID-19 testing that is done entirely in your vehicle. This method allows all test takers to remain in their car for the duration of the testing process, while the trained health care professionals are on hand to assist you with the testing procedures.
Where can I find out my test results?
Test results will be posted in the Test Taker’s personal dashboard at https://app.beacontesting.com/login.
What test will be administered at these sites?
A Virus test, which is sometimes called “PCR testing,” will be administered. Virus testing is the type that tells you if you currently have COVID-19. These tests are typically done using a nasal swab, oral swab, or saliva sample, and then sent to a lab. Neither antibody tests or antigen tests will be administered at these sites. Antibody testing is the type that helps you find out whether you may have been infected with COVID-19 in the past.
Can out-of-state residents get a COVID-19 test at these sites?
No, out-of-state residents must find a test site that accepts out-of-state residents at mass.gov/covidtestmap.