Interactive data dashboard
The 2022-2023 influenza reporting season has ended. The dashboard will not be updated until the start of the next influenza reporting season in October.
Highlights - May 26, 2023
- Influenza severity for Massachusetts is low this week.
- The percent of influenza-like illness (ILI) visits in Massachusetts is 1.28%, which is lower than the regional baseline of 2.0%.
- The percent of hospitalizations associated with influenza is 0.11%, which is comparable to two of the previous three seasons in the same week.
- Overall ILI activity is minimal. Outer Metro Boston region is reporting moderate ILI activity; all other regions are reporting minimal ILI activity.
- More influenza A than influenza B positive specimens have been reported by hospitals and outpatient facilities in Massachusetts. In recent weeks, there have been more influenza B positive specimens than Influenza A positive specimens.
- The vaccination rate for all ages is 47%.
- Seasonal influenza activity remains low nationally.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report and FluView Interactive.
- Statewide and national COVID data are available at COVID-19 Response Reporting and CDC COVID Data.
Flu vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications.