This week's report
View the current weekly flu report.
- There is still time to get a flu shot to ensure you are protected as flu activity continues.
- Influenza-like illness activity in Massachusetts remains high this week and is consistent with activity levels normally seen at this time of year
- Geographic spread is widespread: ILI activity and influenza laboratory confirmations are increased in all regions of the state.
- Influenza-associated hospitalizations in Massachusetts remain elevated this week and are consistent with activity levels normally seen at this time of year.
- The number of influenza positive laboratory tests reported to MDPH increased this week by 14.6% compared to last week.
- For the 2018-2019 season to date, the predominant influenza strain is A/2009 H1N1; this may fluctuate as the season continues.
- All influenza strains that have been characterized in Massachusetts this season to date are covered by the current influenza vaccine.
- No resistance to antiviral medications has been detected this season.
- Nationally, flu activity remains high, consistent with normal levels of activity at this time of year.
- Additional data are available upon request and at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly.
|Date published:||February 22, 2019|