- This page, Leominster State Forest, is offered by
- Department of Conservation & Recreation
Leominster State Forest
Beach and Contact Station
1 Fitchburg Road, Westminster, MA 01473
90 Fitchburg Rd., Westminster, MA 01473
Details of Leominster State Forest
Overview of Leominster State Forest
From hiking and mountain biking to rock climbing and fishing, Leominster State Forest has everything for outdoor enthusiasts. Hike a segment of the 95-mile Midstate Trail or take a dip in Crow Hill Pond. In the winter, break out your cross-country skis or snowshoes.
Hours for Leominster State Forest
Day-Use Picnic Area (Beach) 9:00am-6:00pm from Memorial Day Through Labor Day. All other parking lots open sunrise to sunset.
Parking at Leominster State Forest
Daily parking fees May 14 - Labor Day:
MA residents $8
Non-MA resident $30
Resident and non resident status is determined by the vehicle license plate
Get a parking pass for Massachusetts state parks
Activities at Leominster State Forest
Trails range from fire roads to multi-use single tracks.
You'll find a variety of terrain for all levels of experience throughout the forest. The 95-mile Midstate Trail passes through the western edge of the park.
Head to Crow Hill Ledges for some unique rock-climbing adventures.
All Activities at Leominster State Forest
- Mountain biking
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Cross-country skiing
- Horseback riding
- Educational programs
- Boating (non-motorized)
- Rock climbing
Facilities at Leominster State Forest
- Picnic area - closed
- Restrooms - closed
- Scenic viewing area
Restrictions at Leominster State Forest
- No alcohol
- No camping
- No open flames
- Swimming only allowed at Crow Hill Pond
- Dogs must remain on-leash at all times
More info for Leominster State Forest
- Paradise Pond provides great warm water fishing and exploring opportunities. It's accessible off Route 31, where several put-ins are available.
- Crow Hill Pond is stocked with trout several times a year by Mass Fisheries and Wildlife.