Details of Sudbury Reservoir
Overview of Sudbury Reservoir
The Sudbury and Foss Reservoirs are the emergency water supply for the DCR/ Massachusetts Water Resources Authority water supply system. The main sources of water are the Quabbin Reservoir, Wachusett Reservoir, and Ware River. The 8 billion gallon reservoirs covers 1,500 acres. Recreational activities are regulated and limited to protect 3 million people’s drinking water.
Hours for Sudbury Reservoir
Sunrise to sunset
Parking at Sudbury Reservoir
Limited parking is available. Parking is free.
All Activities at Sudbury Reservoir
- Cross-country skiing
Restrictions at Sudbury Reservoir
- No dogs
- No horses
- No alcohol
- No littering
- No boating
- No all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- No swimming
- No fires
- No unmanned aerial vehicles (drones)
- Fishing allowed only during the Wachusett/Sudbury fishing season from first Saturday of April (if no ice present) to November 30
- Hunting requires a DCR Division of Water Supply Protection Permit.
- Enter only through designated gates
- Any activity that could pollute the water