This page, Sudbury Reservoir, is part of
Details of Sudbury Reservoir
Overview of Sudbury Reservoir
The Sudbury and Foss Reservoirs are the emergency water supply for the DCR/ Massachusetts Water Resources Authority water supply system. The main sources of water are the Quabbin Reservoir, Wachusett Reservoir, and Ware River. The 8 billion gallon reservoirs covers 1,500 acres. Recreational activities are regulated and limited to protect 3 million people’s drinking water.
Hours for Sudbury Reservoir
The shoreline fishing season at Wachusett Reservoir and Sudbury Reservoir is now open. Please practice social distancing and avoid crowds.
Parking at Sudbury Reservoir
Limited parking is available. Parking is free.
All Activities at Sudbury Reservoir
- Cross-country skiing
Restrictions at Sudbury Reservoir
- No dogs
- No horses
- No alcohol
- No littering
- No boating
- No all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- No swimming
- No fires
- No unmanned aerial vehicles (drones)
- Fishing allowed only during the Wachusett/Sudbury fishing season from first Saturday of April (if no ice present) to November 30
- Hunting requires a DCR Division of Water Supply Protection Permit.
- Enter only through designated gates
- Any activity that could pollute the water