Licensing topic areas
The Department of Fire Services issues licenses, permits and certificates for the following areas:
Licensing exam guidelines
Review these licensing guidelines before you submit an application or take an exam. The guidelines answer questions about:
- License applications
- Test preparation
- Re-taking exams
- Testing responsibilities
License exam schedule
ALL exams are held at 10:00 a.m.
|Exam dates||Application deadlines|
Sept. 19, 2018
Nov. 14, 2018
Aug 31, 2018
Oct 26, 2018
Oct 24, 2018
Oct 5, 2018
Licensing exam study materials
DFS provides study materials for licensing exams. Download and study the materials for any exam you plan to take.
Additional Resources for Licensing exam study materials
Licensing exam information
- You must be pre-registered for all license exams.
- Your complete current application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date listed above. If we get your application after the deadline, you cannot take the exam.
- All exams start promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- All exams are offered at both 1 State Road in Stow (park in the remote lot at the top of the hill) and at 100 Grochmal Avenue in Springfield. Directions are available at www.mass.gov/dfs.
- Questions? Contact the Licensing Desk at 978-567-3700 or by email at email@example.com.
- For questions on Boiler and Pressure Vessel licenses, contact: (978) 567-3780.