Fire Safety Division Forms and Applications
The Division of Fire Safety has forms and applications for local fire departments and for a variety of regulated industries including:
- Fire prevention forms and applications .
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection Program forms and applications.
Visit the Fire Safety Division forms and applications page.
Massachusetts Fire Code
Learn about the Massachusetts State Fire Code, including:
Revisions to the Comprehensive Fire Safety Code took effect October 18, 2019. For more information see the Advisory - Revisions to 527 CMR 1.00: Massachusetts Comprehensive Fire Safety Code .
Visit the Massachusetts State Fire & Electrical Code page.
Fire Code Compliance
Technical support staff provide:
- Fire protection engineering support
- Fire code interpretations
- Opinions on the application of fire safety laws and regulations
- Support to local enforcement agencies
- Plan review for above ground storage tanks and self-serve gas stations
- Permits for above ground storage tanks and self-serve gas stations
Fire departments can reach the DFS Code Compliance Desk at (978) 567-3375.
Fire Prevention Resources
Information for DFS-regulated industries and fire officials on:
- Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Blasting, Fireworks and Explosives (includes Blasting Detail Orientation Training)
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel (BPV) Safety
- Cannabis Fire Safety
- Commercial Cooking and Exhaust Systems (Hood Cleaning)
- Crop Mazes and Haunted Houses
- Crowd Management
- Fire Extinguishers
- Hand Sanitizer Fire Prevention
- Hotworks (Welding & Cutting)
- Marine Fueling
- Motion Picture & TV Production
- Places of Assembly
- Self-Service Gas Stations
FSD Advisories to Fire Departments and the Public
The State Fire Marshal issues technical advisories for fire professionals and the public:
Visit the FSD Advisories to Local Fire Departments page.
Open 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Stow, MA 01775