A Full medical license allows a physician to practice medicine independently in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and must be renewed every two years.
Fee for Renewal of a Full License: $600.00
For a description of license requirements and fees, see Licensing Fees and General Information.
Click here to access the Online License Renewal System
Full License Renewal Instructions
Physicians with full Massachusetts licenses may complete the renewal application and pay the fee online. If you are already registered with the Online License Renewal (OLR) system, click the link above, type in your user name and password, and follow the instructions.
If you are new to OLR, click the link above, and follow these steps to create your account:
- Click on the " new user registration" link at the top left, then select " Don't have an activation code," and follow the instructions.
- Once you receive your activation code by email, log into OLR and create a user name and password.
- Securely pay by credit card or bank account.
- After your payment is accepted, print a copy of the confirmation. This is your receipt. You may also print a copy of your renewal application, or you may print one at a later date.
- Remember your user name and password. You may re-enter OLR to at any time to update your Profile information.
The Board sends a renewal notice by mail 60 days in advance of a physician's license expiration date. If you need assistance registering with OLR or do not have Internet access, contact the Board at 781-876-8230. Please remember: your license expires at 11:59 p.m. on your birthday every two years. If the Board has not renewed your license by your birthday in your renewal year, YOU MAY NOT PRACTICE MEDICINE IN MASSACHUSETTS IN ANY FASHION OR CAPACITY.