Resources from MDPH
- Summary of Massachusetts STD Treatment Guidelines 2016: These guidelines for treatment of STDs reflect recommendations of the Department of Public Health and of the CDC. They focus on STDs encountered in outpatient settings and are not an exhaustive list of effective treatments.
- Expedited partner therapy (EPT)
- Partner Services Program information for providers
- HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis: Individuals with or at risk for sexually transmitted infections are at increased risk for HIV acquisition. HIV Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) may be appropriate. To learn more about HIV PrEP, please go to our HIV PrEP page for healthcare providers and public health professionals.
Case reporting in Massachusetts for healthcare providers
See information regarding reporting and Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) case report forms.
- Case Report Form: Chancroid/LGV/Granuloma Inguinale/PID (Agent Unknown)
- Case Report Form: Chlamydia
- Case Report Form: Gonorrhea
- Case Report Form: Congenital Syphilis/Neonatal Herpes/Ophthalmia Neonatorum
- Case Report Form: Syphilis
The State of STDs in Massachusetts Infographic 2017
This infographic can be used for patient education. It summarizes the impact of STDs in Massachusetts, the consequences of untreated STDs for patients, and identifies the steps that patients should take to learn more about and prevent STDs or to get treatment.
Resources from our partners
STD Clinical Consultation Network
Got a tough STD question? The STD Clinical Consultation Network (STDCCN) provides FREE expert STD clinical consultation at your fingertips. Visit the STD Clinical Consultation Network.
Sylvie Ratelle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center
The Sylvie Ratelle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (Ratelle PTC) is a collaboration between the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Ratelle PTC provides training and education to practicing clinicians in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of sexually transmitted diseases and the prevention of HIV. For more information and course offerings, visit here. The Ratelle PTC is part of the National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers. Visit NNPTC.org for clinician training opportunities and resources.
Where can I get materials for my patients?
Materials such as brochures and wallet cards are available at no cost to you on the Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouse.
STD Fact sheets are also available from the CDC Division of STD Prevention. Print versions of these fact sheets are available in English and Spanish, and several other languages.