Contact for File a notice of door-to-door marketing
DPU electric competitive supply team
The Details of File a notice of door-to-door marketing
What you need for File a notice of door-to-door marketing
You will need to provide a complete notice pursuant to D.P.U. 14-140-G which asks for the following information among other things:
Name, title, email address, and phone number of person responsible for preparing the notice
Company contact information for at least 2 company employees responsible for overseeing the door-to-door marketing campaign
Name of third-party door-to-door vendor and contact information for a vendor supervisor or manager responsible for overseeing the door-to-door marketing campaign
A list of each town in which the Company expects it may conduct door-to-door marketing, and the expected dates the Company or its third-party door-to-door vendors will be active
If you are requesting that some information in the notice be kept confidential, you must:
- accompany the notice with a cover letter stating that the enclosed notice contains confidential information granted protected treatment pursuant to D.P.U. 14‑140‑G if the information is covered under the standing order of protection, or
- file a separate motion for protective treatment if the information is not covered under the standing order or protection pursuant to D.P.U. 14-140-G. You must then submit a motion that describes the additional information and argue why, pursuant to the established standard of review, the information should be protected from public disclosure.
How to file File a notice of door-to-door marketing
Download the form below and email both a confidential and a public copy of the notice to:
- Joseph Truschelli, Acting Director of the Department’s Consumer Division at email@example.com
The confidential version of the filing should be clearly labeled “CONFIDENTIAL” in the name of the file. The public copy should be clearly labeled “REDACTED” in the name of the file.
If you have information that is confidential:
You must also snail mail the following information:
- the un-redacted (confidential) copy of the notice to the Secretary of the Department in a sealed envelope, clearly marked with the word “CONFIDENTIAL” on the outside of the envelope as well as on each page of the notice
- the cover letter or motion depending on whether the information is covered by the D.P.U. 14-140-G standing order (refer to the section "what you need" above for more information)
Mail the information to:
Mark D. Marini, Secretary
Department of Public Utilities
One South Station, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
More info for File a notice of door-to-door marketing
You must only file a notice if you are marketing door-to-door to residential customers; you do not need to file a notice if you are marketing door-to-door to commercial or industrial customers.
You must re-file a notice within 30 days of the previous notice submitted to the DPU if you want to continue marketing door-to-door.
A competitive supplier may redact this information pursuant to a standing order in D.P.U. 14-140-G:
- the specific names of the third‑party vendors and their contact information,
- the weekend or evening telephone numbers of the Company’s employees, and
- the names of the cities or towns where the door‑to‑door marketing is occurring.