Log in links for this page
Pay your personal income tax
Contact for Pay your personal income tax
The Details of Pay your personal income tax
What you need for Pay your personal income tax
You can choose from several different payment options:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (ACH Debit)
- Credit card
- Check or
- Money Order.
You will need the following:
- Your legal name
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Your payment voucher if you are making a bill payment.
You can find your payment voucher attached to your tax bill. If you're making estimated tax payments by mail, be sure to include an estimated tax payment voucher.
Please read the following carefully and choose the best payment option.
Estimated tax payments can also be made electronically.
How to pay Pay your personal income tax
Department of Revenue recommends using MassTaxConnect to make tax payment online. You can make your personal income tax payments without logging in. You can use your credit card or Electronic Fund Transfer (ACH Debit) from either your checking or saving account. Note that there is a fee for credit card payments.
- Go to MassTaxConnect
- Under Quick Links select “Make a Payment”
- Select “Individual Payment Type” and select "Next"
- Enter your SSN or ITIN and phone number (in case we need to contact you about this payment), choose the type of tax payment you want to make and select "Next".
- Choose the amount you want to pay and your payment method and select "Next".
- Review your payment and select "Submit".
You can send us a check or money order through the mail to make your income tax payment.
When you make a payment by sending a paper check, be sure to enclose your payment voucher with it.
You can find your payment voucher attached to your tax bill.
If you're making estimated tax payments, be sure to include an estimated tax payment voucher. The correct mailing address will be printed on your payment voucher.
To make personal income estimated tax payments, send to:
P.O. Box 419540
Boston, MA 02241-9540
More info for Pay your personal income tax
If you can’t make your tax payment in full, pay as much as you can with your tax return. After you are billed for the balance, you can set up a payment plan online through MassTaxConnect. Payment plans are generally limited to 36 months. To set up a payment plan, you need to:
- Log into MassTaxConnect. If you don't have a MassTaxConnect account, choose “Set Up.”
- Under the “More” tab, choose the option “Request a Payment Plan” in the Collection Notices panel.
Updated: February 16, 2021