Welcome to the Office of the Taxpayer Advocate. This page will:
- Explain the roles of the Taxpayer Advocate and the Problem Resolution Office (PRO)
- Connect you with helpful tax information so you can:
- Better understand your Massachusetts taxes
- Get answers to your tax questions.
The Taxpayer Advocate’s role is to:
- Address issues that impact multiple taxpayers
- Protect and promote your rights as Massachusetts taxpayers.
You can e-mail the Taxpayer Advocate at email@example.com to:
- Report tax problems that impact more than one taxpayer.
- Provide feedback
- Offer ideas for improvements.
Problem Resolution Office (PRO)
PRO’s role is to help taxpayers who are unable to resolve specific issues through normal channels.
You might be able to resolve your issue on our website by visiting our
- Personal Income or Business tax pages
- Tax guides and legal library
- Topics, Resources, and Related sections on this page.
If you are unable to resolve your issues through the channels listed above, email PRO at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 626-3833.
If you cannot pay your full tax liability, you may be eligible for a payment agreement or relief due to significant hardship.
To learn more, go to Frequently Asked Questions Regarding DOR Collections and see:
Filing Season Updates & Video
Are you looking for the latest tax news and updates?
- Filing Season Overview
- What's Trending
- 2023 Personal Income and Corporate Excise Tax Law Changes
- 2023 Massachusetts Tax Cuts Legislation
- Web Updates to 2023 Massachusetts Form 1 and Form 1-NR/PY Instructions
- E-file and Pay Your MA Personal Income Taxes
Please watch the video below and provide your feedback.
What are viewers saying?
Overall Satisfaction Rating: 4.6 out of 5