This week's report
View the current weekly flu report.
- Influenza severity and Influenza-like illness activity for Massachusetts are low this week.
- The percent of influenza-associated hospitalizations in Massachusetts is comparable to the last two flu seasons in the same week.
- At this point in the 2019-2020 flu season, both influenza A and influenza B have been reported, although few samples have been tested thus far.
- Nationally, flu activity is low but increasing, consistent with typical levels of activity at this time of year. Some southern states are experiencing moderate to high flu activity.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly and FluView Interactive https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluviewinteractive.htm.
Flu season has begun and the best time to get your flu shot is now!
|Date published:||November 15, 2019|