This week’s report
View the weekly flu report.
- Influenza severity for Massachusetts is low this week.
- Overall influenza-like illness activity for Massachusetts has increased from low to moderate this week.
- The Outer Metro Boston region is reporting high ILI activity while Central, Inner Metro Boston and Southeast regions are reporting moderate ILI activity. All other regions are reporting low ILI activity.
- The percent of influenza-associated hospitalizations in Massachusetts is lower than the previous two years in the same week.
- In the 2019-2020 flu season, more influenza B than influenza A positive specimens have been reported by hospitals and outpatient facilities in Massachusetts.
- Nationally, influenza illness activity is increasing and influenza B is most common.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly and FluView Interactive https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluviewinteractive.htm.
Flu activity is increasing. It’s not too late to get vaccinated.
Flu vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications.
|Date published:||December 27, 2019|