This week’s report
View the current weekly flu report.
- Influenza severity for Massachusetts is low this week.
- Overall influenza-like illness activity for Massachusetts is increasing and is higher than the previous two years in the same week. Outer Metro Boston is reporting moderate ILI activity while all other regions are reporting minimal to low ILI activity.
- The percent of influenza-associated hospitalizations in Massachusetts is low and comparable to the last two flu seasons in the same week.
- In the 2019-2020 flu season, a comparable number of influenza A and influenza B positive specimens have been reported by hospitals and outpatient facilities in Massachusetts.
- Nationally, influenza-like illness activity is increasing, consistent with typical levels of activity at this time of year.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly and FluView Interactive https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluviewinteractive.htm.
Flu season has begun and the best time to get your flu shot is now!
|Date published:||December 6, 2019|