This week’s report
View the current weekly flu report.
- Influenza severity for Massachusetts has increased from low to moderate this week.
- The percentage of influenza-like illness visits for Massachusetts is higher than the previous two years in the same week.
- Overall influenza-like illness activity for Massachusetts has increased from moderate to high this week. The West region is reporting moderate ILI activity while all other regions are reporting high ILI activity.
- The percent of influenza-associated hospitalizations in Massachusetts is lower than the previous two years in the same week.
- In the 2019-2020 flu season, more influenza B than influenza A positive specimens have been reported by hospitals and outpatient facilities in Massachusetts.
- Nationally, influenza illness activity is increasing and influenza B is most common.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly and FluView Interactive https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluviewinteractive.htm.
Flu activity is increasing. It’s not too late to get vaccinated.
Flu vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications.
|Date published:||January 3, 2020|