In Massachusetts, point of entry for EMS is governed by the EMS System regulations and their definition of "appropriate health care facility." An appropriate health care facility is the emergency department of an acute care hospital, or a licensed satellite emergency department, that is closest geographically (by time) to the patient's location, or in compliance with a Department of Public Health-approved point of entry plan.
- This page, DPH-approved Statewide Point of Entry Plans, is offered by
- Office of Emergency Medical Services
- Division of Health Care Facility Licensure and Certification
- Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality
- Department of Public Health
DPH-approved Statewide Point of Entry Plans
Information about the Statewide Point of Entry Plans for Massachusetts Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel.