Drivers with disabilities
Programs in Massachusetts:
- Adaptive Driving Program
- Central Mass Safety Council
- DriveWise and DriveAdvise
- Grand Prix Driving School
- Spaulding Driving Assessment Program
Video about a man with Down Syndrome who learned to drive - hear about his experience in his own words, as well as his parents' persepctive
Car ownership programs
- Good News Garage – provides refurbished, donated vehicles to eligible Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission consumers who otherwise could not afford to purchase their own. This program is run through a partnership between the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and Ascentria Care Alliance. Also accepts donations of vehicles.
- Community Action Rides (CARS) helps low-income residents of Berkshire County acquire cars through providing low-interest loans and financial literacy coaching.
- For general information about car loans and car ownership programs, visit Working Cars for Working Families.
Carsharing is an option for people who need to drive sometimes, but not regularly enough to justify owning a car. Carshare members can rent cars by the hour or by the day. Carsharing companies operating in Massachusetts include:
Peer carsharing allows people who own cars to rent them to neighbors: