The Research & Materials Section compiled these lists of products. We frequently make additions and deletions to the lists and they are intended for informational use only. Please see note below.
If you have any questions, you may e-mail MassdotQCML@dot.state.ma.us.
Qualified Materials List
- Adhesive Anchors
- Asphalt Emulsions
- Asphalt Release Agents
- Bonding Agents
- Brick and Block Manufacturers
- Cast Iron Frame and Grate or Cover
- Cement Concrete Non-Alkali Silica Reactive Aggregate Sources
- Cement Concrete Producers
- Cement Concrete Producers Approved Mix Designs
- Concrete Admixtures
- Concrete Crack Sealers
- Concrete Sealers
- Corrugated Plastic Pipe
- Damp-proofing (M9.09.2) and Primer (M9.09.1)
- Ductile Iron Frame and Grate or Cover
- Elastomeric Bridge Bearing Pads
- Epoxy Coating for Rebar
- Geotextile Fabrics
- Glass Beads
- Hot Mix Asphalt Production Facility
- Hot Poured Joint Sealer & Hot Applied Bituminous Concrete Crack Sealer
- Liquid Anti-Strip
- Liquid Membrane-Forming Compounds
- Mechanical Reinforcing Bar Splicer
- Performance-Graded Asphalt Binder Suppliers
- Pavement Rideability (IRI) Profilers
- Rapid Set Concrete Patch Materials (Horizontal & Vertical/Overhead)
- Rapid Setting Polymer Concrete
- Reinforcing Steel Manufacturers
- Reinforcing Steel Suppliers
- Reinforced Concrete Pipe
- Steel Beam Highway Guard Suppliers
- Structural Steel Paint for New or Bare Existing Steel Bridges (PDF file maintained by the NH Dept. of Transportation.)
- Warm Mix Asphalt Additives
- Water-Borne Traffic Paint
- Waterproofing Membranes
Materials listed on the QCML have been approved for use in accordance with the specification and approval criteria. The product will remain on the approved list for the duration identified on that list unless one of the following occurs:
- If the product’s technology, physical composition, and/or chemical makeup changes from what was originally approved by the Department without notifying MassDOT Research & Materials beforehand.
- If MassDOT determines that the product no longer meets the minimum requirements of the specification based on material testing or performance evaluation.
If a product changes, the manufacturer shall provide MassDOT with updates to the required documentation listed at Submit construction products for use on MassDOT projects under “What you need.”
Products not listed
The following products are not on the Qualified Construction Materials list.
- Products that are not covered by MassDOT Highway Division specifications and thus require evaluation on the basis of need, performance, and cost-competitiveness.
- Products that have not been submitted for approval. Submit a product.
- Products required to meet industry standards (i.e. UL approved; AWWA approved; etc.)
- Products that need field sampling and testing performed in accordance with Guide Schedule for Sampling and Testing Materials.
- Tested products that do not conform to the specification requirements.