Aging in Community

Find resources and links about aging in community.

Resources and links

Councils on Aging & Senior Centers

Councils on Aging are the 350 municipal agencies that provide local outreach, social and health services, advocacy, information and referral for older adults, their families and caregivers.

In-Home Services 

Home care services are available to help eligible elders continue to live independently and safely at home. The Home Care Program offers a variety of fee for service in home assistance based on income levels.

Housing Options

Elder housing includes affordable supportive housing, shared living in congregate settings, and assisted living residences.

Nutrition Program for Seniors

Services include nourishing meals, screening, education, and counseling, to help older people have healthy nutrition status. Meals are at congregate meal sites and through home-delivered meals to people 60+.

Options Counseling

Options Counseling is a free service. It can help an older person, an adult of any age with a disability, their family members or caregivers make decisions on supportive services if they don’t know where to turn. To speak to an Options Counselor in your area, call MassOption toll free at 1-(800) 243-4636.

Community Transition Liaison Program

CTLP is available to all nursing facility residents who are 22 years old and older, regardless of insurance type, who are interested in transitioning to living in the community. The CTLP team will provide help with discharge plans, connect residents to state programs and local community supports, and will help the resident advocate and work to resolve concerns related to transitioning to the community.

Report Elder Abuse

Elder abuse includes physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, caretaker neglect, financial exploitation, and self neglect. 

  • Elder Abuse Reports can be filed 24 hours a day either online or by phone to the Massachusetts Elder Abuse Hotline at (800) 922-2275. Elder Protective Services can only investigate cases of abuse where the person is age 60 and over and lives in the community.
  • To report abuse of a person with a disability under the age of 60, call the Disabled Persons Protection Commission at (800) 426-9009.
  • To report abuse of a person by nursing home or hospital, call the Department of Public Health at (800) 462-5540.
  • Call 911 or local police if you have an emergency or life-threatening situation.

Additional Resources

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.