The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can help you expand your healthy food budget and explore opportunities to support your wellbeing and education and employment goals.
SNAP is administered by the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA).
SNAP benefits include:
• Monthly funds on an EBT card to buy food
• $40, $60 or $80 a month put back on your EBT card when you use SNAP to buy local produce via the Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)
• SNAP Path to Work free education and training opportunities
• Free nutrition education classes and resources
• Connections to other kinds of help, like utility discounts, free school meals and discounted admissions to many Commonwealth museums and cultural institutions via EBT Card to Culture