What you need
- Your username and password for MassTaxConnect
- A bulk file supplied by you or information to complete the bulk file template offered on MassTaxConnect
Log in to MassTaxConnect.
- Click on Submit a bulk file under “I Want To.”
- Click on the “Submit a bulk paid family and medical leave file” link.
- Prior to attaching and uploading your file, you may click on the “Handbook to Paid Family and Medical Leave Bulk Filing” link if you need any assistance on how to create the bulk file and to see a list of errors you may receive during the attachment process.
- Once you are ready to attach and upload your file, click on Add Attachment, enter a description of the file, and then click Choose File. Once you have completed these steps, click Save.
- Once the file has been uploaded, verify that you have received no errors and click Next.
- You will be prompted to submit your return, then click Submit.
- You can choose to print a confirmation or just click OK.
You have now completed filing and paying your Paid Family and Medical Leave return by uploading a Bulk File.
All PFML step-by-step videos and instructions (DOR)
- File a return and remit a contribution for Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Opt in and contribute to Paid Family and Medical Leave as a self-employed individual
- Upload a bulk Paid Family and Medical Leave return
- Upload an Excel spreadsheet and make a payment for Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Request a Paid Family and Medical Leave exemption
For all further questions regarding applying for a Private Plan Exemption or registering your account on MassTaxConnect, please contact DOR at (617) 466-3950 to speak to a PFML representative.