This week's report
View the current weekly flu report.
- Influenza severity for Massachusetts is low this week.
- The percent of influenza-like illness (ILI) visits in Massachusetts is 0.77%, which is lower than the previous two seasons in the same week.
- The percent of hospitalizations associated with influenza is 0.03%, which is lower than the previous two seasons in the same week.
- Overall ILI activity is minimal. All regions are reporting minimal ILI activity.
- More influenza B than influenza A positive specimens have been reported by hospitals and outpatient facilities in Massachusetts.
- Nationally, flu activity is low.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly and FluView Interactive https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluviewinteractive.htm.
- Statewide and national COVID data are available at CDC’s COVIDView weekly report at
It’s not too late to get vaccinated. Flu vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications.
|Date published:||January 29, 2021|
|Last updated:||January 29, 2021|