This week's report
View the current weekly flu report.
- Influenza severity for Massachusetts is low this week.
- The percent of influenza-like illness (ILI) visits in Massachusetts is 1.57%, which is lower than the regional baseline of 2.0%.
- The percent of hospitalizations associated with influenza is 0.12%, which is comparable to the previous three seasons in the same week.
- Overall ILI activity is minimal. Central and West regions are reporting low ILI activity; all other regions are reporting minimal ILI activity.
- More influenza A than influenza B positive specimens have been reported by hospitals and outpatient facilities in Massachusetts.
- Nationally, flu activity is low, but ILI activity has increased in recent weeks.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly and FluView Interactive https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluviewinteractive.htm .
- Statewide and national COVID data are available at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html
Flu season has begun and the best time to get your flu shot is now. Flu vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications
Flu season has begun and the best time to get your flu shot is now. Flu vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications.
|Date published:||November 26, 2021|