This week's report
View the weekly flu report.
- Influenza severity for Massachusetts is low this week.
- The percent of influenza-like illness (ILI) visits in Massachusetts is 1.13%, which is higher than the 2020-2021 season and comparable to the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons in the same week.
- The percent of hospitalizations associated with influenza is 0%, which is comparable to the previous three seasons in the same week.
- Overall ILI activity is minimal. All regions are reporting minimal ILI activity.
- More influenza B than influenza A positive specimens have been reported by hospitals and outpatient facilities in Massachusetts.
- Nationally, flu activity is low.
- Additional statewide and national data including geographic spread, ILI activity, and pneumonia and influenza mortality are available at CDC’s FluView Weekly Report at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly and FluView Interactive https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluviewinteractive.htm.
- Statewide and national COVID data are available at
Flu season has begun and the best time to get your flu shot is now. Flu vaccination is always the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications.
|Date published:||October 29, 2021|
|Last updated:||October 29, 2021|