Log in links for this page
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Snowmobile Trails in State Parks
- Accessible hunting
- Canoeing and Kayaking in Massachusetts
- Cross-Country Skiing in Massachusetts
- Hiking in Massachusetts State Parks
- Mountain Biking Trails in Massachusetts
- Visit Massachusetts State Parks
- Camping at Massachusetts State Parks
- Hunting in the Parks
October Mountain State Forest
Details of October Mountain State Forest
Overview of October Mountain State Forest
Hours for October Mountain State Forest
Sunrise to one half-hour after sunset
Sunday - Saturday:
8:00 am-10:00 pm
Parking at October Mountain State Forest
Activities at October Mountain State Forest
Hiking and walking
All Activities at October Mountain State Forest
- Boating (non-motorized)
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Cross-country skiing
- Mountain biking
- Off-road vehicles
Facilities at October Mountain State Forest
- Boat ramp (car top) at October Mountain Reservoir
- Picnic areas
- Scenic views
- Trailer / R.V. dumping
Accessibility at October Mountain State Forest
- Sand dust
Restrictions at October Mountain State Forest
- No alcohol
- No littering
- Pets are not allowed at yurt campsites
- ATVs permitted during daylight hours on designated trails only.
- ATVs must be on trailer in campground.
More info for October Mountain State Forest
Visitors may only camp in designated campsites, and only during camping season, from mid-May through mid-October.
Tent and RV camping is $17/night for Massachusetts residents and $55/night for non-residents. Small yurts are $45/night for Massachusetts residents and $120/night for non-residents. Large yurts are $55/night for Massachusetts residents and $140/night for non-residents.
RV camping sites do not have electricity.
Please be advised there is an electric power station across the street from the campground entrance. Patrons may notice a low frequency hum.