Log in links for this page
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Snowmobile Trails in State Parks
- Accessible hunting
- Canoeing and Kayaking in Massachusetts
- Cross-Country Skiing in Massachusetts
- Hiking in Massachusetts State Parks
- Mountain Biking Trails in Massachusetts
- Hunting in the Parks
- Visit Massachusetts State Parks
- Camping at Massachusetts State Parks
October Mountain State Forest
Details of October Mountain State Forest
Overview of October Mountain State Forest
Hours for October Mountain State Forest
Sunrise to one half-hour after sunset
Sunday - Saturday:
8:00 am-10:00 pm
Parking at October Mountain State Forest
Activities at October Mountain State Forest
Hiking and walking
All Activities at October Mountain State Forest
- Boating (non-motorized)
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Cross-country skiing
- Mountain biking
- Off-road vehicles
Facilities at October Mountain State Forest
- Boat ramp (car top) at October Mountain Reservoir
- Picnic areas
- Scenic views
- Trailer / R.V. dumping
Accessibility at October Mountain State Forest
- Sand dust
Restrictions at October Mountain State Forest
- No alcohol
- No littering
- Pets are not allowed at yurt campsites
- ATVs permitted during daylight hours on designated trails only.
- ATVs must be on trailer in campground.
More info for October Mountain State Forest
Visitors may only camp in designated campsites, and only during camping season, from mid-May through mid-October.
Tent and RV camping is $17/night for Massachusetts residents and $55/night for non-residents. Small yurts are $45/night for Massachusetts residents and $120/night for non-residents. Large yurts are $55/night for Massachusetts residents and $140/night for non-residents.
RV camping sites do not have electricity.
Please be advised there is an electric power station across the street from the campground entrance. Patrons may notice a low frequency hum.