Looking for a ride in Massachusetts? Transportation services for seniors, people with disabilities, veterans, commuters, and others may be available in your community.
Start with Ride Match, an online, searchable database of transportation options in Massachusetts.
Local officials and organizations may be able to help you:
- Your local transit authority
- Your City Hall or Town Hall – check with the Council on Aging, veterans services, transportation departments, disability services, or constituent services
- Other service providers – if you receive state or federal benefits or participate in social service programs, ask if program staff have information about transportation options, or if the program has any funding to help you cover costs. If you are eligible for MassHealth and have no other way to get to medical appointments, ask your doctor to request transportation for you.
- Ride Match is a searchable, online database
- MassOptions connects seniors and people with disabilities to services; call 1-844-422-6277
- Mass211 has information about transportation and other services statewide: call 2-1-1
- Regional Elder Services: call 1-800-AGE-INFO for information on regional senior services
- INDEX: Call 1-800-642-0249 for information on services for people with disabilities in Massachusetts
- Regional Planning Agencies serve each region