The Valedictorian Program Tuition Waiver is designed to attract and enroll Massachusetts high school students who have been designated as valedictorians. The program allows high school valedictorians to receive tuition waivers at any public higher education institution in Massachusetts. Since it opened, the program has predominantly supported the University of Massachusetts University Scholars Program.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for a Valedictorian Program Tuition Waiver, a student must:
- Be designated by a public or private high school in the state as a valedictorian.
- Enroll in a degree program at a public higher education institution in the Commonwealth and meet the eligibility criteria as established by institution, for this program.
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts for at least one year prior to the opening of the academic year.
- Be in compliance with applicable law regarding Selective Service Registration.
- Not be in default of any federal or state student loans or owe a refund for any previous financial aid received.
- File a current year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
An eligible institution is within the system of public higher education under Section 5 of Chapter 15A of the General Laws.
Students eligible for the Valedictorian Program Tuition Waiver are entitled to a tuition waiver equal to 100% to attend any public higher education institution.
How to Apply
Contact the financial aid office at the institution you are attending or plan to attend, for application requirements or deadlines. You can also contact the DHE’s Office of Student Financial Assistance at (617) 391-6070 to obtain more information.