The Massachusetts High Demand Scholarship Program was created by the Massachusetts Legislature to support economic growth and development. The purpose is to encourage degree completion in high demand disciplines that will help address the workforce needs of the Commonwealth by providing scholarship assistance to support the educational costs of students pursuing such programs of study.
The 2018–2019 application for the Massachusetts High Demand Scholarship will be open to Massachusetts State University students who are pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree.
Who Is Eligible?
A student qualifies if they are enrolled in an eligible program and meet the following requirements:
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts for at least one year prior to the opening of the academic year.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or non-citizen eligible under Title IV regulations.
- Has applied for financial aid, using the standard Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be enrolled in bachelor's degree program in a designated high need field at a Massachusetts state university.
- Not have received a prior bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
The 2018–2019 application will be open to students at a Massachusetts State University as defined under Section 5 of Chapter 15A of General Laws.
Subject to available funds, scholarships will be awarded to state university students based on enrollment status as follows:
|Full-time enrollment (12+ credits)||Part-time enrollment (6-11 credits)|
|Up to $5,000 per year or $2,750 per semester||Up to $2,750 per year or $1,375 per semester|
How to Apply
Apply online for the 2018–2019 Massachusetts High Demand Scholarship. The deadline to submit your application is February 25, 2019.