The University of Massachusetts Exchange Tuition Waiver Program encourages the University to enter into cooperative learning contracts with other institutions, allowing students to receive comparable waivers for cross-institution registration. Under such an agreement, University of Massachusetts students attend exchange institutions without tuition charge and exchange students attend the University without tuition charge, or with payment at in-state rates to the home institution. These exchange programs are limited and involve only institutions with which the University has signed a cooperative learning contract and where the University feels the experience of the exchange program significantly enhances the learning experience of the students who participate.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for a University of Massachusetts Exchange Tuition Waiver Program, a student must:
- Be enrolled in a degree program at the University of Massachusetts.
- Meet eligibility criteria established by the University of Massachusetts.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or non-citizen eligible under Title IV regulations.
- Not have received a prior bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Be in compliance with Selective Service Registration requirements.
- Not be in default of any federal or state Student Loans for attendance at any institution or owe a refund for any previous financial aid received.
- Be maintaining satisfactory academic progress in accordance with institutional and federal standards.
To be determined by the University of Massachusetts.
Note: Beginning with the fall 2016-2017 academic year, the University of Massachusetts will restructure tuition and fees on their campuses. The restructuring of student charges will have no impact on the value of tuition waivers, which will now be identified as tuition “credits.”
How to Apply
Contact the financial aid office at the institution you are attending or plan to attend for application requirements or deadlines. You can also contact the DHE’s Office of Student Financial Assistance at (617) 391-6070 to obtain more information.