Apply for the Early Childhood Educators (ECE) scholarship

The Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and the Department of Higher Education (DHE) jointly offer this scholarship to help early educators increase their qualifications through a college degree.

Office of Student Financial Assistance (DHE)

The Details

What you need

The scholarship provides financial assistance for you if you are a currently employed early education and care educator or provider enrolled in an associate or bachelor degree in early childhood education or a related program.

Before you apply for the scholarship, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The ECE Scholarship application is available on the Office of Student Financial Assistance's website.

You need to have an active Professional Quality Registry (PQR) number to apply for the scholarship. If you have any questions about the PQR number, please contact your local Educator and Provider Support (EPS) grantee.

If you already have a PQR number and need assistance retrieving this number please contact EEC's help desk.

For more specific requirements for eligibility, please visit our ECE Scholarship eligibility page.

How to apply

  1. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  2. Create a MASSAid Student Portal account if you don't already have one.
  3. Complete the ECE Scholarship application in the MASSAid Student Portal system.

More info

Additional information about the ECE scholarship program can be found on the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) website. OSFA has updates information on the award amounts, eligibility, and any other changes made to the scholarship.


75 Pleasant St., Malden, MA 02148
(617) 391-6085
51 Sleeper St., 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02210


Did you find the information you were looking for on this page? * required
We use your feedback to help us improve this site but we are not able to respond directly. Please do not include personal or contact information. If you need a response, please locate contact information elsewhere on this page or in the footer.
Tell us what you think