DOER utilized two expert consulting teams to analyze energy efficiency requirements to inform its update to the Stretch Energy Code (Straw Proposal released on February 8, 2022).
This page contains detailed documentation of assumptions and results on this analysis. It will be updated with two summary reports for commercial and residential as they become available.
It currently includes:
- Basis of design (BOD) reports for schools, office, office/lab, and multifamily - detailed specifications and descriptions of model buildings scenarios
- Performance reports for schools, office, office/lab and multifamily - Thermal Energy Demand Intensity (TEDI) performance, energy metrics, and resiliency reports
- Pricing information - detailed pricing reports for each scenario and prototype evaluated
- Model scenario development report - detailed specifications and descriptions of model buildings scenarios for small single family, large single family, townhouse, 6-unit multifamily and 4 story multifamily prototypes
- Building energy modeling analysis - iterative model analysis using BEopt, Rem/Rate and Ekotrope RATER for the residential home prototypes to determine preliminary optimized and target scenarios.
- Residential costs and benefits case studies - a compilation of the 10 residential case studies for the 5 residential building prototypes, reporting detailed incremental cost information, operating savings, and emissions savings.