The Trial Court Law Libraries have compiled this list of agency and commission decisions available online. Please let us know if you locate additional decisions and we will add them here.
If you have trouble locating an agency decision or opinion, or if the decision you are seeking predates what is available online, it may be available in the State Library of Massachusetts' print collections.
Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission
- Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission Decisions, 2009-date
- Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission Decisions, 2004-date
Appellate Tax Board
- Tax Appeal Decisions, 2000-date
- Attorney General Opinions, 1832-2006
Opinions were published in the annual report of the Attorney General.
- Bid Protest Decisions, 2003-date, with selected decisions back to 1972. Resolution of public building construction or public works construction bid protests
- Fair Labor and Business Practices Decisions, through 2010 | 2016-date
- Open Meeting Law Determinations, August 2010-date
- Municipal Law Unit By-law Decisions, 2010-date
Automatic Sprinkler Appeals Board
Decisions relating to sprinkler requirements for "nightclubs, dancehalls, discotheques, bars and similar uses."
Board of Bar Overseers
- Disciplinary Decisions, 1997-date
Board of Registration of Hazardous Waste Cleanup Professionals
"Pursuant to Section 5 of the Board's regulations, a Licensed Site Professional or an attorney acting on his or her behalf may at any time request an Advisory Ruling interpreting one or more of the Board's Rules of Professional Conduct at 309 CMR 4.00 et. seq."
Board of Registration in Medicine
"Recommended (non-final) decisions [by the Division of Administrative Law Appeals] on appeals by physicians from disciplinary actions by the Board of Registration in Medicine." Arranged by subject, no dates of coverage given.
- Board of Registration in Medicine Decisions, 2008
- Board of Registration in Medicine Decisions, 2016-date
Board of Review
The Board decides unemployment appeals from hearings conducted by the Department of Unemployment Assistance. "The Board of Review decisions available on this website have been selected for posting because, in the Board’s opinion, they contain significant issues, create new precedent, or may provide useful guidance to parties and their representatives."
- Board of Review Decisions, 2005-date (organized by subject)
- Board of Review Decisions, 2017-date (organized by year)
Civil Service Commission
"Decisions on appeals filed by public employees and job applicants who are entitled to certain protections under the civil service law. These cases are heard directly by the Civil Service Commission or by the Division of Administrative Law Appeals, which then submits a recommended decision to the Commission." Arranged by subject, no dates of coverage given.
- Civil Service Decisions, 2006-date
Contributory Retirement Appeal Board (CRAB)
Department of Early Education and Care
"Recommended decisions [by the Division of Administrative Law Appeals] in appeals by child care and other licensed early education providers contesting sanctions proposed by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)."
Department of Education
- Legal Advisories. Topics include CORI, Student Discipline, Student Records and more
- Special Education Appeals Decisions and Rulings. Includes decisions and rulings from 1998 to date | See also: Decisions, 1990-1993
Department of Environmental Protection
- Appeals Decisions, 2010-date
- Environmental Decisions, through 2010. "Recommended (non-final) decisions [by the Division of Administrative Law Appeals] on appeals of Department of Environmental Protection permit and enforcement actions."
Department of Industrial Accidents
- Reviewing Board Decisions, 1999-date
Division of Labor Relations-Commonwealth Employment Relations Board
- DLR-CERB Decisions, March 2016-December 2022
Department of Public Health
"Decisions [by the Division of Administrative Law Appeals] on health service and public assistance benefits provider appeals of Department of Public Health disciplinary actions."
Department of Transportation
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Office of the Administrative Law Judge holds hearings and makes decisions on transportation-related disputes. The annual reports provide the status and disposition of appeals and other matters brought to the Office.
Division of Administrative Law Appeals
"Contains preliminary and final decisions on appeals heard by the Civil Service Commission (CSC), the Division of Administrative Law Appeals (DALA), and other independent and quasi-independent agencies."
Division of Banks
- Decisions of the Commissioner of Banks and Board of Bank Incorporation, 2007-date
- Legal Opinions | See also: Selected Opinions, 2001-date
Division of Insurance
The Commissioner of Insurance conducts hearings and issues decisions on a wide range of topics, including statewide insurance rate cases, enforcement actions taken by the Division against its licensees, the financial control and structure of certain domestic insurers, and administrative appeals.
- Public Hearing Decisions, 2004-date
Energy Facilities Siting Board
"The Energy Facilities Siting Board licenses proposals to construct certain energy facilities, including large power plants, electric transmission lines, natural gas pipelines, and natural gas storage tanks."
Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development
- Interest Arbitration Decisions, 2012-date; The Joint Labor-Management Committee
resolves collective bargaining disputes involving municipalities and their police officers and firefighters
- Minimum Wage Opinion Letters, 2000-date
- Prevailing Wage Opinion Letters, 1990-date; includes additional opinions back to 1963
Executive Office of Public Safety and Security
- Life Sentence Record of Decisions, 2015-date
Health Professions Licensure
Disciplinary and other decisions:
- Board of Registration in Nursing
- Board of Registration in Pharmacy
- Board of Registration in Dentistry
- Board of Registration of Physician Assistants
- Board of Respiratory Care
- Board of Registration of Nursing Home Administrators
- Board of Registration of Perfusionists
- Board of Registration of Genetic Counselors
- Board of Certification of Community Health Workers
Housing Appeals Committee
The Housing Appeals Committee provides "an impartial forum to resolve conflicts arising from the siting of new affordable housing."
- Decisions, 2007-date
Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD)
Public Records Determinations
The Supervisor of Public Records reviews appeals made by public records requestors and issues determinations within 10 business days of receipt of the appeal.
- Determinations, 2014-date
"Decisions on appeals of state and municipal retirement board and Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission actions on public employee retirement benefits."
State Ethics Commission
- State Ethics Commission Advisory Opinions and Enforcement Rulings. Available by subject or by date
Contact for State agency decisions and opinions
|May 19, 2023