DER restores and protects rivers, wetlands, and watersheds in Massachusetts for the benefit of people and the environment.
Who we serve
DER initiates projects that restore our rivers, streams, wetlands, and watersheds. DER partners with nonprofits, towns, individuals, and groups to implement projects. These projects improve habitat for wildlife and provide many benefits to communities. Benefits include reduced flooding, improved water quality, and public safety.
More About DER
- Explore our restoration projects on our interactive project map
- Sign up for our quarterly Ebb & Flow newsletter or take a look at previous issues
- Read our latest Annual Report or find other DER publications
- Watch our film series: River Run - A Story of Dam Removal in Massachusetts
- Learn about DER's new Partnerships Program
- Learn how to become a DER Priority Project
- Learn more about the Culvert Replacement Municipal Assistance Grant Program