The Pesticide Board Subcommittee is responsible for registering all pesticides for use in the commonwealth. The Massachusetts Pesticide Board Subcommittee is also responsible for reviewing new active ingredients and issuing all experimental use permits.
The five member subcommittee is Chaired by the Director of the Division of Food Protection within the Department of Public Health with other four members consisting of representatives of the Department of Agricultural Resources, Department of Conservation and Recreation, Department of Public Health, and a Commercial Pesticide Applicator appointed by the Governor.
Pesticide Board Subcommittee Members
Bureau of Environmental Health Food Protection Program
State Laboratory Institute, 305 South Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- Chairperson - Michael Moore, Director
Department of Agricultural Resources
251 Causeway Street, Boston MA 02114
- Member - John Lebeaux, Commissioner
- Designee – Taryn LaScola, Director (Hotze Wijnja, Ph.D.or Steve Antunes-Kenyon)
Department of Conservation and Recreation
251 Causeway St., Suite 600, Boston, MA 02114
- Member - Jim Montgomery, Commissioner
- Designee - Nicole Keleher
Department of Public Health
250 Washington Street, Boston MA 02111
- Member – Dr. Monica Bharel, Commissioner
- Designee – Marc Nascarella, Ph.D.
Public Members (Appointed by the Governor)
- Richard Berman
Meetings and Minutes
The Massachusetts Pesticide Board Subcommittee meets monthly except in May and June. The meeting of the Pesticide Board and Subcommittee are open to the public unless they go into executive session.
- 8/18/20 - Canceled
- 3/13/20 - Neonics Scientific Literature Review Public Hearing
- 1/19/18 - minutes
- 2/16/18 - minutes
- 3/16/18 - minutes
- 4/20/18 - minutes
- 7/20/18 - minutes