- Finding Alternatives to Shelter: A Discussion Guide for Hospital Discharge Staff PDF | Doc: This document provides examples of specific prompts and questions to help facilitate an in-depth iterative conversation between hospital discharge staff and individuals about possible housing options post discharge.
- How to Obtain Identification Documents PDF | Doc: A useful fact-sheet that hospital discharge staff can refer to in assisting individuals in accessing key identification documents
- Shelter Realities PDF | Doc: This DHCD document provides clear information about things for an individual to consider before choosing to discharge to shelter, including space configurations (e.g., beds, privacy, storage), and operations (e.g., rules around daytime hours, time limits).
- List of Shelters and Contact Information: A list of DHCD-funded emergency shelters across the state that serve individuals experiencing homelessness, including contact information for each shelter.
- Discharging to Shelter Question Guide PDF | Doc: This DHCD document provides a list of questions that hospital discharge staff can ask a shelter to learn more about a specific shelter’s operations and resident experience.
- Housing Consumer Education Centers: Housing Consumer Education Centers (HCECs) offer answers to a wide range of questions about all types of housing problems.
- DHCD Resources for People Facing Eviction: Resources available to renters and homeowners.