Using Your WIC Farmers’ Market Coupons
Resource Links from the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture
UMass Extension Produce Spotlight
Shopping for local produce at farmers’ markets and farmstands is simple! In Massachusetts, you will find local foods such as blueberries, salad greens, spinach and strawberries! Locally grown produce often has a better flavor and more nutrients – it’s the perfect time to try something new. Click below for shopping, storing, and serving tips.
- Blueberries - English (PDF) | (DOC)
- Blueberries - Spanish (PDF) | (DOC)
- Peaches - English (PDF) | (DOCX)
- Peaches - Spanish | (DOCX)
- Salad Greens - English (PDF) | (DOC)
- Salad Greens - Spanish (PDF) | (DOC)
- Spinach - English (PDF) | (DOC)
- Spinach - Spanish (PDF) | (DOC)
- Strawberries - English (PDF) | (DOC)
- Tomatoes - English (PDF) | (DOCX)
- Tomatoes - Spanish (PDF) | (DOCX)
UMass Farmers’ Market Recipes
These recipes feature fruits and vegetables grown in Massachusetts and found at most local farmers’ markets. Support your local farmers and buy fresh, just-picked seasonal fruits and vegetables to use in these tasty recipes.
Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)
Do you get SNAP in Massachusetts? If so, you've got HIP, too! HIP gives money back instantly when you use SNAP to buy fruits and vegetables from participating local farm vendors. You can earn back up to $40-$80 each month. Find out more at www.mass.gov/hip.
If you have questions about the WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program in Massachusetts, please email Kelley.May@State.MA.US.