About our work
On Veteran’s Day in 2018, the DTA and the Department of Veterans’ Services announced a joint commitment to fight veteran food insecurity in the Commonwealth. This included
- Recruiting veteran organizations and VSOs as outreach partners
- Hosting regional trainings on veterans’ food security
- The creation of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Veterans’ Guide
- Hosting resource fairs for veterans
- Participating in Department of Veterans’ Services Annual Conference
Several veteran-serving organizations have signed on as SNAP outreach partners. At these locations and other SNAP outreach partners, you can get help with your SNAP case. You can apply, get help with documents, and more. View a list of VSO outreach partners and other community organizations.