Partnership Matching Funds is a unique annual DCR program. External partners identify needed improvements in their DCR parks and donate funds which are matched by DCR, and DCR completes the work. Groups that have engaged in this program include:
- State park friends and advocacy groups
- Civic and community organizations
- Municipal governments
- Dedicated individuals
Through the Partnership Matching Funds Program, DCR allocates up to $1 million in matching funds to support capital investments at parks, beaches, and other reservations. Note, the improvements must be on DCR property. Past investments through this program include:
- Design and construction of playgrounds
- Clearing invasive species away from waterways for smooth recreational boating
- Trail and path enhancements to improve accessibility
- Addition of water filling stations
- Purchase of maintenance equipment
- Landscape improvements
DCR will provide a dollar-for-dollar match to successful applicants, will consider providing a two-to-one dollar match for select projects, and will consider projects that may require more than one year to plan and complete.
Proposed projects MUST be on DCR property.
Eligible investments are those that:
- Address the deferred maintenance needs of the agency;
- Contain detailed, realistic cost estimates, ideally prepared after consultation with a planning or engineering professional and DCR staff;
- Meet management goals of DCR as expressed by a master plan, management plan, or by agency staff in the absence of such plan;
- Support a DCR property's long-term maintenance requirements;
- Are not solely aesthetic improvements but enhance or expand public use and enjoyment;
DCR will consider applications for projects that may require more than one fiscal year to plan and complete.
Matching funds ratio
DCR will consider a 2:1 match on contributions of up to and including $25,000 and a 1:1 match on those of more than $25,000.
While in-kind donations are appreciated, only monetary contributions are available for fund matching.
DCR will manage all Partnership Matching Funds projects.
All partners will receive a Certificate of Appreciation from the Commonwealth for their contributions, and their contribution will be recognized in any publicity about the program or investment that is distributed by DCR. DCR will also work with your organization to organize a public event commemorating the investment if appropriate.
Process for projects that require bidding
In cases where goods or services procurements must be conducted, DCR must follow the rules established by the Operational Services Division (OSD) as regards fair and competitive procurements. For vertical or horizontal construction, procurements must follow the guidelines of Ch. 149 or Ch. 30, as applicable.
Many goods and services are available to eligible entities from OSD's Statewide Contracts. For many services, OSD master service agreements (MSA's) provide broad lists of vendors, from which 3 proposals must be solicited. The contractor offering the best value, as defined in your scope of services, is awarded the project. Goods and Services not available on statewide contract must be procured by creating a Request for Response (RFR) according to OSD requirements.
DCR will manage all such procurements. Non-governmental Partner organizations will not receive any state funds for this purpose, and will not be reimbursed for any project expenditures. Please see Operational Services Division website for additional information.
For more information, please contact: Jenny Norwood email@example.com