Every year DCR accepts applications for matching-funds, which are donations from organizations for park improvements that are matched by DCR. These projects must be on properties managed by DCR. Groups that have engaged in this program include:
- State park friends and advocacy groups
- Civic and community organizations
- Municipal governments
- Dedicated individuals
Through the Partnerships Matching Funds Program, DCR allocates close to $1 million in matching funds to support capital projects at parks, beaches, and other reservations. Past projects through this program include:
- Design and construction of playgrounds
- Clearing invasive species away from waterways for smooth recreational boating
- Trail and path enhancements to improve accessibility
- Addition of water filling stations
- Tree plantings
- Landscape improvements
DCR will provide a dollar-for-dollar match to successful applicants, will consider providing a two-to-one dollar match for select projects, and will consider projects that may require more than one year to plan and complete.
Capital projects are eligible for matching funds if they are located at:
- Properties managed by DCR
These projects include the construction and/or restoration of physical features on state land, not the acquisition of land or operational activities.
Eligible projects are reviewed with the following considerations:
- Projects that address the deferred maintenance needs of the agency are strongly encouraged.
- Projects should contain detailed, realistic cost estimates, ideally prepared after consultation with a planning or engineering professional, and DCR staff.
- Projects should meet management goals of DCR as expressed by a master plan, management plan, or by agency staff in the absence of such plan.
- Partnerships formed to support a DCR capital project’s long-term maintenance requirements are strongly favored.
- Projects with solely aesthetic benefit are a lower priority for agency approval.
- Projects, when complete, must not infringe on public use and enjoyment.
- DCR will consider applications for projects that may require more than one fiscal year to plan and complete.
Contributions and matching funds
Type of contribution:
While in-kind donations are appreciated, only monetary contributions are available for fund matching.
Matching funds ratio:
DCR will consider a 2:1 match on contributions of up to and including $25,000 and a 1:1 match on those of more than $25,000
DCR will manage all Partnership Matching Funds projects.
All partners will receive a Certificate of Appreciation from the Commonwealth for their contributions, and their contribution will be recognized in any publicity about the project that is distributed by DCR. DCR will also work with your organization to organize a public event commemorating the completion of their project.
Process for projects that require bidding
In cases where goods or services procurements must be conducted, DCR must follow the rules established by the Operational Services Division (OSD) as regards fair and competitive procurements. For vertical or horizontal construction, procurements must follow the guidelines of Ch. 149 or Ch. 30, as applicable.
Many goods and services are available to eligible entities from OSD's Statewide Contracts. For many services, OSD master service agreements (MSA's) provide broad lists of vendors, from which 3 proposals must be solicited. The contractor offering the best value, as defined in your scope of services, is awarded the project. Goods and Services not available on statewide contract must be procured by creating a Request for Response (RFR) according to OSD requirements.
DCR will manage all such procurements. Non-governmental Partner organizations will not receive any state funds for this purpose, and will not be reimbursed for any project expenditures. Please see Operational Services Division website for additional information.
For more information, please contact: Jennifer Norwood: firstname.lastname@example.org