All the major elements of the work on Winthrop Shore Drive and Highlands Park was completed last summer, approximately 9 months ahead of schedule, saving months of construction disturbance to residents. As the summer of 2019 approaches, the “punch list” of minor items to be completed and minor repairs will be wrapping up. The following work items are ongoing along Winthrop Shore Drive.
You can expect to see these activities continue over the next four weeks.
- Touch up work on walls and other miscellaneous “punch list” items will be addressed.
- Items such as barrels and other contractor-related equipment will remain where needed to finish this work.
- If necessary, detours and setups will be in place during working hours.
- When necessary, police on site to help manage traffic.
- Work hours:
- 6 am – 7 am for setups and detours
- 7 am - 3:30 pm for construction and
- 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm for safety breakdown of setups and any minor work to make the roadway and walkways safe for the public during the down time.
- No work on the holidays
Traffic and Parking Impacts
- Parking restrictions will remain in place as posted to allow for construction activities
Additional Resources for
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns about the project should be directed to DCR Resident Engineer James Caputo, at the DCR trailer behind the DCR bathhouse on Winthrop Shore Drive, by visit or phone (617-846-1489) during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. In case of an emergency, contact 911 or DCR’s 24/7 emergency hotline at the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency at 508-820-1428.