|Issuer:||William F. Weld|
|Mass Register:||No. 707|
Table of Contents
WHEREAS, the delivery of disability services is accomplished through various agencies, departments, and officers of the Commonwealth; and
WHEREAS, the recipients of disability services would be better served by increased coordination of functions, services and information among the agencies, departments, and officers providing such services; and
WHEREAS, increased coordination and communication will assist the agencies and departments delivering such services in the development and implementation of better defined policy goals; and
WHEREAS, a more coordinated and centralized system would provide greater access to and more efficient delivery of disability services in the Commonwealth;
NOW THEREFORE, I William F. Weld, Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, by virtue of the power vested in me as supreme executive magistrate do hereby create an Inter- Agency Disability Services Coordination Council and order as follows:
1. The Council shall consist of no more than fifteen persons, including the following ex-officio members: the Director of the Massachusetts Office on Disability who shall be the chairperson of the Council; the Commissioners of the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind, the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, the Department of Mental Health, the Department of Mental Retardation, the Department of Medical Security, the Department of Public Welfare, and the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Executive Director of the Disabled Persons Protection Commission; the Director of the Office of Quality Assurance; the Executive Director of the Architectural Access Board; the Executive Director of the Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council; the Associate Commissioner of the Division of Special Education, and the Secretary of the Executive Office of Transportation and Construction, or their designees.
2. The Council's objective shall be to improve the accessibility and delivery of disability services in the Commonwealth;
3. The Council shall evaluate and monitor the system by which disability services are delivered and coordinate and develop recommendations for streamlining the system; and
4. The Council shall identify functions within the various agencies and departments which might be more efficiently carried out if consolidated or eliminated.
5. The Council shall make recommendations and report to the Governor from time to time.
6. The Council may request the attendance of representatives from other agencies or departments of the Commonwealth as it deems necessary.
Given at the Executive Chamber in Boston on this 5th day of February in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and ninety-three.
William F. Weld, Governor
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Michael Joseph Connolly
Secretary of the Commonwealth