Christopher C. Harding, Commissioner
Philippe M. Mauldin, Chief of Staff
Rachel J. Scannell, Deputy Chief of Staff
The Commissioner is responsible for enforcing Massachusetts:
- Child support
- Municipal finance laws.
The Commissioner works with the Secretary of Administration & Finance and members of the Legislature to promote and put into effect DOR's programs.
Administrative Affairs Division
Geoff Snyder, Deputy Commissioner
Kristin Lindquist, Associate Deputy Commissioner, Administrative Affairs & Chief Risk Officer
The Administrative Affairs Division monitors the following DOR functions:
- Employee training and development
- Facilities management
- Human resources
- Labor relations
- Ethics-employee responsibility
- Risk management
Child Support Enforcement Division (CSE)
Michele Cristello, Deputy Commissioner
Maureen Ford, Associate Deputy Commissioner
The mission of the Child Support Enforcement Division (CSE) is to make a difference in the lives of children.
CSE does this by enforcing the financial responsibilities of parenthood.
CSE's core functions are to:
- Establish paternity
- Establish, enforce, and modify child support and health insurance orders.
Division of Local Services (DLS)
Sean Cronin, Senior Deputy Commissioner
The Division of Local Services (DLS) supports local officials in your community to achieve sound fiscal management through guidance, training and oversight.
DLS is responsible for:
- Ensuring the fairness and equity of local property taxation
- The accuracy and quality of local accounting and treasury management
- Interpreting state laws that affect local governance
- Distributing local aid and maintaining a comprehensive databank on local finances.
DLS meets these responsibilities through:
- Community advising
- Seminars and publishing
- Online services
- Software development and support
- Community specific management reviews and audits.
Financial Services Division
Geoff Snyder, Acting Deputy Commissioner and Chief Financial Officer
The Financial Services Division monitors the following DOR functions:
- Revenue accounting
- Finance and reporting
- Payroll-data warehouse
Legislative-External Affairs & Policy Division (LEAP)
Nathalie Dailida, Press Contact
The Legislative-External Affairs & Policy Division (LEAP) brings together the following groups within DOR:
- Rulings & Regulations Bureau
- Office of Tax Policy Analysis
- Office of External and Legislative Affairs
- Office of Marketing and Digital Services.
These groups interact with the Department’s various stakeholders which include:
- Legislative and Executive branches of state government
- Taxpayers and tax practitioners
- Social media
- Web services
- Organizations representing individuals
- Non-profit organizations
LEAP's goal is to communicate with its stakeholders and speak with one voice.
Office of Disability and Equal Opportunity (ODEO)
Allan Motenko, Director
The Office of Disability and Equal Opportunity is responsible for ensuring the Department of Revenue meets its mission and operates without regard to:
- National origin
- Gender identity or expression
- Sexual orientation
- Veteran status
Individuals requesting reasonable accommodation or with questions about diversity at DOR should contact:
Department of Revenue
Office of Disability and Equal Opportunity
P.O. Box 9557
Boston, MA 02114-9557
Office of the General Counsel
Kevin Brown, General Counsel
Michael Fatale, Deputy General Counsel
The Office of the General Counsel advises the Commissioner and others within the DOR on all aspects of tax and administrative law. The Office also oversees the operations of the Underground Storage Tank Program, and the Criminal Investigations Bureau.
Office of the Taxpayer Advocate
Dana Ackerman, Taxpayer Advocate
The Taxpayer Advocate's role is to identify and put forward solutions for the difficulties which taxpayers encounter. The Advocate:
- Makes sure that all taxpayers are aware of and afforded their rights with DOR
- Recommends administrative and legislative changes.
The Advocate also works with DOR's Problem Resolution Office to achieve its mission.
Charlene Hannaford, Deputy Commissioner
The Operations Division provides assistance to Massachusetts taxpayers and practitioners.
Operations is also responsible for increasing taxpayer compliance with existing tax law by locating those who don't file their taxes.
Debra Rokosz, Deputy Commissioner
The Resolution Division works with taxpayers and the other tax divisions to address issues that could not be resolved in the Tax or Operations Division.
- Making decisions on abatement claims
- Resolving disputes
- Working with taxpayers on problem cases
- Representing the Commonwealth in matters before the:
- Appellate Tax Board
- Superior and bankruptcy courts.
William Graham, Deputy Commissioner
The Tax Administration branch of DOR is responsible for end-to-end management of the tax administration process.
Tax Administration consists of:
- Resolution Divisions.
Stephen Moffatt, Deputy Commissioner
The Tax Division is responsible for promoting voluntary tax compliance.
It achieves this by identifying, educating, and auditing noncompliant taxpayers.
The Tax Division exams the following business and individual tax returns:
- Sales & use
- Room occupancy
- Special fuels
The Tax Division has several bureaus with operations throughout Massachusetts as well as across the nation.
Underground Storage Tank Program (UST)
Gordon Bullard, Director
The Massachusetts Underground Storage Tank Program (UST) was established to administer the Massachusetts Underground Storage Tank Petroleum Product Cleanup Fund (Fund). The Fund was created in 1991 pursuant to Massachusetts General Law Chapter 21J.
- Tax forms and instructions
- Mailing addresses for Massachusetts tax forms
- Estimated tax payment vouchers
- Learn about extensions for filing and paying Massachusetts income tax
- Important information for the tax filing season
- Tax guides
- Legal library
- Amend your tax return or request an abatement of tax
- Personal income tax
- Business taxes
- Criminal Investigations Bureau
- Tax bills, collections, audits and appeals
- Office of the Taxpayer Advocate
- Tax professionals
- Tax software developers