Guide to remote hearings
Because of COVID-19, many court hearings are now remote. That means some or all of the people participate by video or phone. Please read the Guide to virtual hearings to learn how to prepare for a remote hearing.
For more information on remote hearings, see the Massachusetts Bar Association's informational video on how remote hearings work.
Housing Court virtual front counter
Each Housing Court Clerk's Office and Housing Specialist Department provides a virtual front counter where court staff will be able to answer questions, help court users virtually, and provide information on available court resources. Court users can receive "face-to-face" help from court staff without being physically present at a courthouse. Please see the schedule and access information for each division's virtual counters below.
- Central Housing Court Front Counter
- Eastern Housing Court Front Counter
- Metro-South Housing Court Front Counter
- Northeast Housing Court Front Counter
- Southeast Housing Court Front Counter
- Western Housing Court Front Counter
Guided interview for an emergency Civil Complaint form
This guided interview creates an emergency Civil Complaint form. Once you complete it, you can email it directly to your court location.
Probate & Family Court virtual registries
The Probate & Family Court currently has 12 virtual registries where court users can get “face-to-face” virtual help from court staff while staying safe in their own homes.
- Barnstable Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Berkshire Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Bristol Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Essex Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Franklin Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Hampden Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Hampshire Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Middlesex Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Norfolk Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Plymouth Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Suffolk Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
- Worcester Probate and Family Court Virtual Registry
Middlesex County Superior Court Virtual Help Desk
Get virtual “face to face” help from Clerk of Courts Michael A. Sullivan's Clerk’s Office while staying at home.
Superior Court protocols and tips for remote hearings
The Superior Court has put together protocols and tips for appearing in remote hearings.
West Roxbury Division of the Boston Municipal Court virtual clerk's office
Beginning February 16, 2021, the West Roxbury Division of the Boston Municipal Court Department Clerk’s Office will offer virtual “face-to-face” front counter help while you stay safe in your own home or office.
Virtual clerk’s office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 12 noon and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
To learn more, please see West Roxbury Division of the Boston Municipal Court Department virtual clerk's office.
Trial Court Zoom Rooms
To make sure that access to technology doesn’t prevent access to justice, the Trial Court is setting up computer stations in select courthouses for users to participate in Zoom videoconferencing. For more information, please see the page Trial Court Zoom Rooms.
Accessing Court Service Centers and Law Libraries remotely
Video: Court Service Center and Law Library ServicesSkip this video Court Service Center and Law Library Services.
Court Service Centers are operating a hybrid service model that includes in-person and remote services. Court Service Center locations provide in-person services on Tuesdays and Thursdays (8:30am-1pm; 2pm-4:30pm) with priority given to emergency cases, and remote services on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. via Zoom video conferencing software for both emergency, and non-emergency matters.
To connect with the Virtual Court Service Center, you can join the daily Zoom Meeting to receive help with legal information, court forms, and referrals to legal and community-based organizations. Before you call, please learn what information you will need to receive assistance.
Here is how you can join the Virtual Court Service Center through Zoom:
- Via videoconference: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1615261140
- Via phone: dial (646) 828-7666. Enter Meeting ID 1615261140 then press # #
Law Library remote services
The Trial Court Law Libraries are open to the public, providing in-person and virtual services (email, zoom, chat, phone, text).
All virtual services (email, chat, phone, text) and remote research access continue to be available. Please contact the library in your area to verify the availability of services.
|May 22, 2023